SeaTac House Fire

A fire started above the kitchen of a house in the 2600 block of S. 138 Street on Thursday, Nov. 2, according to a press release by the Puget Sound Regional Fire.

Nobody was hurt during the fire.

The residents first noticed the fire when they saw smoke coming out from the outside vents in the attic at 8:40 pm the release said.

When firefighters from Puget Sound, Burien and Tukwila fire departments arrived, they found a fire in the attic space. They were able to quickly extinguish the flames, which had badly burned several rafters, by pulling down the ceiling.

According to the fire investigator, the fire started as a result of an electrical problem near the kitchen’s overhead light and is considered accidental.

Red Cross is assisting the family.