Possible CO poisoning leads to man’s death

The King County medical examiner will identify and determine cause of death

Firefighters from Puget Sound Fire were dispatched at 4:50 p.m. Dec. 12 to the 18000 block of Southeast 272nd Street.

According to a media release, a woman reported her carbon monoxide alarm had gone off but there was no obvious source.

Once on the scene firefighters confirmed there was nothing in the home causing the alarm to go off. To locate the source, firefighters used a hand-held CO detector.

The release stated firefighters found a strong source of CO coming from the garage directly below the apartment.

Firefighters were unable to open the locked rollup door from the outside and had to force the door open.

Once inside, they found a man lying unconscious on the floor of the garage next to a vehicle. The release added the vehicle was not running.

CPR was administered to the man but was unsuccessful.

The King County medical examiner will determine his identity and cause of death.

The release added no one else was affected by the CO.