An older Maple Valley couple lost a pair of loved pets to a house fire on Sunday, Nov. 17.
At 10:40AM Puget Sound Fire units responded to the 27400 block of 220th Place Southeast for a double-wide mobile home fire, according to a fire press release.
The older gentleman saw a flame from the medical oxygen bottle in the home and quickly helped his wife evacuate.
The man called 911 and Puget Sound Fire Engine 380 arrived and found flames coming from the front door and broken living room window. A fire hose was quickly extended, and an exterior fire attack began knocking down the flames.
With additional Puget Sound Fire units on scene E380 was able to make entry and extinguish the rest of the flames.
Due to the rapid growth of the fire the couple lost their small dog and cat to smoke inhalation. South King County Medic One was one scene and checked the couple for injuries and then stood by for fire fighter safety.
American Red cross is assisting the displaced couple and BELFOR, a board up company, is providing a free service of securing the home.
King County Fire Marshal has ruled the fire an accident.