A family of five was displaced following a kitchen fire in the 13000 block of SE 279 Place between Covington and Kent.
The fire was first reported to the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority at 2:30 p..m. Thursday, June 22. A single occupant who was home was able to escape
According to a press release from the fire authority firefighters were able to limit the fire to just the kitchen, smoke and heat caused extensive damage throughout the two-story home.
A fire investigator confirmed that the fire started on the stove top and was due to unattended cooking.
The fire is considered accidental. Red Cross is assisting the family of one adult and four children.