House fire in Covington|Puget Sound Regional Fire

A house fire was reported at around 10:27 p.m. last night by neighbors in the area.

A garage was heavily damaged last night during a fire in the 18200 block of Southeast 262nd Place.

The fire was reported by neighbors at 10:27 p.m., who tried to fight it with a garden hose.

When Puget Sound RFA firefighters arrived, the flames had already burned through the roof and fully engulfed the front of the garage.

Fortunately, the fire was contained by the fire walls of the garage and did not spread into the living space of the single-story home.

No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no reported injuries.

The fire is currently under investigation.

Washington Water Damage is providing a free board-up service to secure and protect the house.