The King County Board of Health will hold its next meeting on Thursday, March 21 at 1:30 p.m.
The meeting will be held at:
King County Council Chambers
10th Floor, King County Courthouse
516 3rd Avenue, Room 1001
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Announcement of any alternates serving in place of regular members
4. Approval of Minutes of February 21, 2013
5. Public comments
6. Director’s report
7. Appoint Health Professional Member
8. Election of Vice Chair of Health Professional Members
Discussion and possible action
9. R&R No. BOH13‑01: A Rule and Regulation relating to the protection of the public against foodborne illness.
Mark Rowe, Manager, Food and Facilities Section, Environmental Health Division, Public Health – Seattle & King County
Jill Trohimovich, Health and Environmental Investigator III, Environmental Health Division, Public Health – Seattle & King County
10. Resolution 13-07: A Resolution encouraging King County agencies and institutions to continue efforts to promote healthy eating, including implementing healthy food guidelines, endorsing the National Salt Reduction Initiative, and urging the Food and Drug Administration to modify policies related to sodium.
11. BOH Briefing 13-B08: Sodium as a Public Health Issue
James Krieger, MD, Chief, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Section, Public Health – Seattle & King County
12. BOH Briefing 13-B09: Innovation Opportunities in Health Care Reform: King County Duals Demonstration Project
Janna Wilson, Senior External Relations Officer, Public Health – Seattle & King County
13. BOH Briefing 13-B10: Legislative Update
Jennifer Muhm, Legislative Affairs Officer, Public Health – Seattle & King County
14. Chair’s report
15. Board member updates
16. Administrator’s report
17. Other business
Visit the King County Board of Health web pages at www.kingcounty.gov/health/boh.