Submitting items: Calendars are published Wednesdays and Saturdays on a space-available basis. Items for the Wednesday edition must be submitted by noon the previous Thursday. Items for the Saturday edition must be submitted by noon the previous Tuesday. Submit calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Puget Sound Blood Center: 1-7 p.m. June 25, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 20730 SE. 272nd St., Covington. For Puget Sound Blood Center. Information: 800-398-7888 or www.psbc.org.
Cruise-In event: Fridays. Maple Valley Street Rats Car Club sponsors the Covington Friday Night Cruise-Ins for pre-1975 automobiles & pick ups only (No 4x4s) in a flagged show area at the Covington Wal-Mart parking lot. Cost: Free; donations accepted for Street Rats Scholarship fund. Information: 206-763-1314.
Life Nutrition NW Workshop: 4-5 p.m. Thursdays through June 26. Drop-ins welcome. Cost: $5 per class. Maple Valley Community Center, 22010 S.E. 248th St. 253-630-7000.
Jazzerkamp: 9 a.m.-noon July 7-11. Open to children ages 6-11. Features hip-hop, cheerleading, fitness testing, beach-themed day, talent show, and arts and crafts. Cost: $125; registration required. Gym B at Lake Wilderness Elementary School, 24216 Witte Road S.E., Maple Valley. 425-413-8627 or Carolyn@C3-inc.net.
Nutrition Class and Weight Loss Challenge: 4 p.m. Thursdays through July 24. Nutrition class covers topics such as protein, water, carbohydrates and Omega 3. Cost: Free. Weight Loss Challenge cost: $39. Black Diamond Community Center, 31605 Third Ave., Black Diamond. 206-459-5950, email@example.com or www.gowlc.com.
Adult Jazzercise: 9:45 and 11 a.m., and 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays; 9 a.m. Saturdays. Cost: $30 per month. Black Diamond Community Center Gym, 25511 Lawson St. 360-886-1011.
Adult Jazzercise Lite and Body Sculpting: 8:45 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Cost: $37.50. Greater Maple Valley Community Center, 22010 S.E. 248th St., Maple Valley. 425-413-8627.
Fitness classes at Black Diamond Community Center: Center offers a variety of health and fitness classes, including Jazzercise, creative dance movement and body conditioning. Call for details. 31605 Third Ave., Black Diamond. 360-886-1011, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.blackdiamondcc.org.
Iyengar Yoga: Maple Valley Parks and Recreation Department hosts yoga classes for all ages and ability levels, mornings and evenings. Call for details. Lake Wilderness Lodge, 22500 SE 248th St., Maple Valley. 425-413-8800 or www.bluemoonartsyoga.com.
Step Aerobic/Weights Class: 7-8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Cost: $79 for 10 weeks. King County Fire Department No. 44, Station 92, 31709 Kent-Black Diamond Road, Auburn. 253-631-6350 or 425-413-1623.
TOPS: 7:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Take Off Pounds Sensibly is a nonprofit weight loss support group. New Hope Church, 21115 S.E. 272nd St., Maple Valley. 253-631-3567 or www.tops.org.
Black Diamond Library, 24707 Roberts Drive. 360-886-1105 or www.kcls.org. Library events include:
• “Eaten Alive! Legends of the Mighty Mosquito”: 10:30 a.m. July 2. Presented by Baltuck Garrard Family Storytellers. Open to ages 3 and older.
• “Cinderella and the Bug Brigade”: 2 p.m. July 8. Presented by Mary Shaver Marionettes.
Covington Library, 27100 164th Ave. S.E. 253-630-8761 or www.kcls.org. Library events include:
• Adventures in Bug-Eating: 3 p.m. June 26. Children 5 and older can explore bug-eating with David George Gordon, author of “The Eat-a-Bug Cookbook.”
• Master Gardener: 10 a.m. June 28 and July 26. Master Gardeners from Washington State University Extension will give advice on gardening and plant problems.
• “A Bug’s Tale”: 7 p.m. July 1. Open to ages 3 and older. Courtney Campbell will lead stories and songs about life from a bug’s point of view.
Maple Valley Library, 21844 S.E. 248th St. 425-432-4620 or www.kcls.org. Library events include:
• Picnic Story Time in the Park: Noon June 25. Open to preschool-second grade. Bring lunch and listen to stories in Lake Wilderness Park.
• Maple Valley Men’s Book Group: 6:30 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month. Topic: June 25, “Get Shorty” by Elmore Leonard.
• Game On!: 4 p.m. June 26. Teens can play video games at the library.
• “Catch the Reading Bug” 2008 Summer Reading Program: Through Aug. 31. Pick up booklets at the library.
Tahoma Senior High Class of 1998 Reunion: 7 p.m. July 19. Class members asked to register via e-mail, and to pass on the information to other classmates. Reunion location: Snoqualmie Pass. email@example.com.
Tahoma High School Class of 1983 25-year Reunion: Sept. 19-21. Includes classmates-only get together Friday night at Swinging Arm Bar and Grill, Black Diamond; alumni and spouses dinner Saturday at Muckleshoot Casino, Auburn; picnic Sunday. See Web site or e-mail for details. www.classmates.com or DTvedt@aol.com.
Black Diamond Community Center, 31605 Third Ave., Black Diamond. 360-886-1011. Senior activities at the center include:
• Nutrition lunch: Noon Mondays-Tuesdays and Thursdays. Social hour starts at 11 a.m. Cost: $3 donation.
• Blood pressure checks: 11:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays.
• Games: 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Adult Day Health: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays. Caregivers can bring seniors 55 and older for activities, lunch and companionship. Cost: $3 donation for meal.
• Foot Care: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. the second Friday of the month. Appointments required. Cost: $35.
• Meals on Wheels: Senior Services’ program offers home-delivered meals to home-bound seniors. Cost: $3. Call for details.
Greater Maple Valley Community Center, 22010 S.E. 248th St., Maple Valley. 425-432-1272. Center offers transportation to people within the Tahoma School District who would like to attend the seniors’ program. Community center programs include:
• Caregivers’ support group: 1-2:30 p.m. Wednesdays through July 2.
• Fourth of July Barbecue: 11:30 a.m. July 2.
• Senior trips: 10 a.m. July 15, Freighthouse Square. Cost: $10 plus lunch. • July 29, Castle Bridge Winery. Cost: $20 plus lunch. Trips leave from the senior center. Advance registration required.
• Ice Cream Sodas: Noon July 18. Free treats provided by Expressions of Enumclaw.
• AARP Safe Driving Class: 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. July 18 and 21. Both days required for insurance credit. Cost: $10.
• Annual Picnic in the Park: July 24. Includes Senior Soft Ball Team game, coffee and doughnuts, bingo and barbecue lunch. Cost: Free; registration required by July 21.
• Games: 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Enjoy ping pong, air hockey, shuffleboard, foosball, bingo and more. Cost: $1.
• Maple Valley/South King County AARP Chapter: 1-2:30 p.m. the second Monday of the month.
• Senior Rights Assistance: The third Wednesday of the month. Answers to insurance questions offered by appointment only.
• Senior Lunch: Noon Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Cost: $3 donation.
• Birthday Party: The third Wednesday of the month. The Senior Program buys lunch for registered seniors with birthdays. Call the center for details.
• Meals on Wheels: Senior Services’ program offers home-delivered meals to home-bound seniors. Call for details.