Aid for weather damage available

Property owners and business owners who suffered losses as a result of the recent severe weather may be eligible for government assistance getting their property back in order.

Damage reports can be filed with the King County Office of Emergency Management within the next two weeks. Forms can be downloaded from the Washington Emergency Management Division’s Web site ( More information on the process is available at

A hotline telephone number (800-523-5044) for reporting damage within King County is Dec. 29–31 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Jan. 5–9 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

But before filing a damage report with the government, citizens should contact their insurance company, officials said. They also should document damages with photographs and keep records of all cleanup and repair costs.