WEST CENTRAL DISTRICT GIRLS SWIMMING/DIVING
• WHAT: District championship and state-qualifying event.
• WHEN: Diving competition took place Thursday (results unavailable). The swimming preliminaries were Friday (results unavailable). The swimming finals are today at 4 p.m.
• WHERE: Rogers High School, Puyallup.
• WHO ADVANCES: The top seven finishers in each event (all six finalists, plus the winner of the consolation finals) qualify for state, regardless of whether they meet a time standard. Anyone outside of the top seven who meets a state time standard also qualifies.
• SWIMMERS TO WATCH: Chelsea Bailey, Kentlake (defending champion in 100 back); Amber Cratsenberg, Jefferson (freshman, SPSL champion in 50 free and 100 free); Trish Averill, Auburn (likely a top contender in 100 breaststroke; Trojans did not compete in last week’s SPSL meet), Eryn Murphy, Beamer (defending champion in 50 free); Briley Boggs, Decatur (defending champion in 100 butterfly); Rachael Kim, Beamer (SPSL champion in 200 IM and 100 back).
• WHAT’S NEXT: Competitors have two weeks off to prepare for state, which is set for Nov. 14-15 at the King County Aquatic Center. Class 4A divers have their preliminaries on Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. The 4A swim prelims are Nov. 14 at 1:45 p.m., and the swim and dive finals are Nov. 15 at 10:15 a.m. The Class 4A finals will share their session with the 2A finals on Nov. 15.