House fire in Kent

A fire was reported at around 9:52 a.m. on Oct. 7 after the occupants of the house said they smelled smoke.

The following is a press release from Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority.

Six people have been displaced by a house fire in the 12400 block of Southeast 238 Place.

The fire was reported by the occupants at 9:52 p.m. on Oct. 7, after they smelled smoke and their smoke alarms activated.

All were able escape safely with the family dog.

When firefighters arrived, they found the entire back side of the house engulfed in flames.

The fire had already spread to both stories of the house and caused damage to every room. It took firefighters from the Puget Sound and Renton Regional Fire Authority approximately 50 minutes to fully extinguish the fire.

Because of the heavy damage to the home, firefighters remained on the scene throughout the night to ensure there were no flareups.

Red Cross is assisting the family and Belfor Inc. is on scene to provide a free board up service for the residents to protect their property.

The fire is under investigation.