The Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority reports that a fire severely damaged a home May 4 in the 25300 block of 236th Court Southeast in Maple Valley.
Firefighters arrived on the scene at 1:30 a.m. and found the second floor of the two-story house on fire with the roof collapsing, according to the department. Searches of the building found no occupants, and it was confirmed that no one was home at the time of the fire, according to the department. A dog was rescued from the house and is doing well, the department reports.
The cause of the fire is reported as accidental due to a malfunction in the fireplace.