Gyms have reopened — and it may feel different than you expect. That’s certainly true of fitness studio Barre3 Covington and their approach to wellness.
Barre3 Covington offers instructor-lead classes that combine strength, cardio, and mindfulness. So whether you’re a hardened athlete looking for a change in routine, or an uncertain first-timer looking to step out of the sedentary slump, Barre3 Covington will meet you where you’re at.
After two tough years of isolation, inactivity and low moods, now is the ideal time to prioritize your mental and physical wellbeing.
In case you need a little motivation, here are five reasons to get back into the gym:
1. Accountability – You don’t have to do it alone. Sure – you can work out at home, but you might soon find yourself occupied with chores, scrolling through Instagram, or lounging on the couch in between sets. When you know you have a class to attend, or an instructor that’s excited to see you, you’re less likely to play hooky from your fitness routine.
2. Customizability – “Getting started may be the hardest part, but that’s all you’ve got to do — we’ll help with the rest,” says Erin Anderson, Owner of Barre3 Covington, which celebrated its two-year anniversary on Sept. 17. Anderson notes that people of any fitness and experience level are welcome at Barre3. The opportunity to modify or customize any posture or exercise is available as you go. “We’re going to encourage you to honor what your body needs,” says Anderson.
3. Collective Movement – Moving in synchrony with others can create an expanded sense of self. “We feel drawn to a community, we get energy from the group when things are challenging…and we find power in that,” says Anderson. Research shows this type of support is deeply linked to our primal need to connect with others — and what better way to experience it than with a whole-body workout?
4. Balanced Workout – Barre3 combines strength, cardio and mindfulness for an efficient and effective workout. When you come for a class, it takes away the need to plan what to do or for how long — that’s already been carefully prepared. “Our instructors are bringing a kick-butt workout every time and are there to support your journey,” Anderson says. She notes that “progress over perfection” is key as we return to fitness routines.
5. Clean and Sanitized Environment – “We always had and always will have strict cleaning protocols,” Anderson says, pointing to additional features like the studio’s cork floors. Cork is known for its strong antimicrobial properties. All props needed for class are provided and thoroughly cleaned before every class. For those who prefer to work out at home, Barre3 Covington offers livestream classes.
“If we care about our health, we have to care about our health. We have to keep moving, we have to keep building our strength.”
Barre3 Covington is women-owned and locally operated.