Business owners in King County can learn how to reduce waste, recycle more and cut their operating costs by participating two workshops scheduled for October.
Sponsored by the King County Solid Waste Division as part of its efforts to increase recycling rates and save landfill room for what really needs to be there. The workshops are scheduled for 7:45 a.m. to noon, at the Lytle House at Bothell Landing, 9929 N.E. 180th St., Bothell Oct. 7 and Oct. 21. Both workshops are free and open to businesses in King County outside of Seattle.
There will be presentations by experts, dialogue with fellow businesses and a virtual tour of a recycling facility.
Businesses will learn how to:
• Conduct a workplace waste audit;
• Start a recycling program;
• Start and manage a successful food scrap collection program;
• Engage co-workers, generate enthusiasm and improve morale and
• Calculate a company’s carbon footprint.
For more information about this free workshop contact Karen May, 206-296-4353 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, contact Sabrina Combs at 425-486-2768, ext. 4406 or Sabrina.email@example.com.