Fred Meyer stores are limiting the number of customers in its stores at one time to allow for social distancing during the COVID-19 outbreak.
“During this pandemic, we are committed to adopting preventive measures to help protect the safety and health of our associates, customers and communities,” said Mary Ellen Adcock, senior vice president of operations, on Tuesday.
Shopping with us
• The number of customers allowed in our stores will be up to 50% of building code capacity, which varies by store.
• Our industry-leading QueVision technology will give our associates an accurate count of customers entering and exiting our stores at all times.
• Once a store is at capacity, our associates will manage queues outside the building.
Caring for our associates
• Fred Meyer is encouraging associates to wear protective masks and gloves and has ordered masks for associates nationwide, with supplies scheduled to arrive at all locations by the end of this week.
• We’re completing our addition of plexiglass partitions at all check lanes, Pharmacy counters and Starbucks registers.
• To learn more about how we’re supporting our associates, please click here.